Literal Dreamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Removing StainsWed Aug 09, 2017 3:51 pmAndries Romano
Removing StainsWed Aug 09, 2017 3:46 pmAndries Romano
Phantom's JournalTue Aug 08, 2017 5:31 pmAndries Romano
Mei's MemoirsTue Aug 08, 2017 2:31 pmMei Haya
Mei "Dia Froste" HayaMon Jul 31, 2017 9:51 pmKaz
The Initiation Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:57 pmDonnie Dallas
Stop the bank robbers!Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:40 pmKaz
I need a bank robbed.Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:37 pmKaz
Intro of a sexy irish man :pWed Jul 19, 2017 2:25 pmKaz
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 18 registered usersThe newest registered user is Mei HayaOur users have posted a total of 51 messagesin 34 subjects

Go down
Andries Romano
Andries Romano
Score : 13

Removing Stains Empty Removing Stains

Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:45 pm
Removing Stains Img_2810

12.39 am
BlackView City, The Wronx; New Mercy District
Complex 3221, Greenshire Residence 
Andries Romano
Andries Romano

Removing Stains Empty Re: Removing Stains

Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:51 pm
Bleach doesn’t get all the blood stains out, doesn’t leave the sheets the same colour they were before. Thorough washing and drying can’t get rid of the memories woven straight into the duvet, can’t really clean out the thoughts that come when a knowing gaze looks down at those sheets. Even the whirring blades of a machine can’t do much no matter how many times you run the fabric through them. Doesn’t mean that people don’t try.

Doesn’t mean that people don’t scrimp and save until they’ve gotten enough to afford a rundown old washing machine that they can drag down into their sub-basement. Where the sound of the machine whirring and shaking down its mechanical parts won’t go heard past the thick walls as filthy water drains down into an untouched pipe. The rattling of the pipe echoing in the concrete room, almost unheard over the throaty cough of a heavy smoker, overpowering over the soft hiss of the lit cigarette being dashed out in the rusting ashtray.

He clears his throat as the first cycle finishes, reaching up to rub his nose then snort out the ash that’s gotten into the cracks of his yellowed nails. Those nails scrape across the lid of the washing machine, prying it open as a steady stream of bleach pours down into the gaping mouth of the machine. He eyed the murky water, a certain sharpness of the iris lost amidst the haze of a beer or two, but he needed the liquid confidence. It’s the only thing that keeps his hand from shaking as he sets down the bottle of bleach on the table top.

Evidently, it wasn’t enough to salvage his motor skills.

The bottle hits the floor not a second later, its cap snapping off and rolling away somewhere under the table as chlorine burns the air.

“Fucking shit.” He cursed under his breath, sloshing through the puddle to pick up the bottle. It was nearly empty. He set it back down in the middle of the table and turned to go get a mop when-

Thunk!

The bottle rolled across the ground, coming to a stop as it hit the table leg. He raised a brow, but blamed his slight inebriation as he picked up the bottle and set it back on the table again. Pushing it far up against the wall where it wouldn’t fall before he turned to go upstairs again.

Thunk!

The plastic hit the floor again, bouncing across the puddles in the room. He grunted, twisting over his shoulder to stare back at the offending container before his gaze wafted up to the open vent passage. Must have been a draft or something. He’d take care of it after he mopped up the room, the bleach fumes were starting to burn his eyes. He blinked away the tears that were starting to brim up, covering a hand over his mouth as he started for the stairs.

Kathunk!

Something hard struck him across the back of the head. Drenching his vision in red, he whirled around to the empty room and the plastic bleach container laying idly across the puddle of its own contents. His eyes narrowed as he reached up to rub the bump on the back of his head, “The fuck is going on here?”

“Whoever’s there, you’d better come out! I’m warning you!” His voice echoed across the room, bouncing off the concrete walls before it faded into silence. He stood there, eyes scanning across the dimly lit basement walls, heart thundering in his chest as the adrenaline in his body slowly drained out. His shoulders dropped and that was when he was shoved forwards with a blunt dig into his back. Something wrapped against his ankle and he fell forwards –SplAsH! Straight into the bleach puddle.

“Forgive me, I’ve neglected to introduce myself.”

Last edited by Andries Romano on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Andries Romano
Andries Romano

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:12 am
 “Forgive me, I’ve neglected to introduce myself.” 

He tipped his hat down, materialising behind the man. He strode over to where he lay and placed his foot down gently against his back. Grinning, he dug his heel down into his back as the man tried to push himself up against the slippery woodwork, forcing him back down into the puddle.

The man spluttered as his face was shoved back down into the puddle. Spitting and cursing, he flailed and kicked up a storm. Splashing about in the puddle and throwing, his movements becoming increasingly frantic and urgent. His voice growing louder and louder until it broke and resounded across the concrete walls. He watched quietly as the man raised a shaking wet hand up to his face, then realized it was still dripping with the very corrosive substance that was currently peeling away the layers of his eyebrows. Stamping his palm down onto the ground, he made another attempt to heave himself upwards. And he let him. 

He faded away and let him heave himself up and spit up a mouthful of lucid liquid, panting as he swiped at his mouth and continued to force himself to try and throw up as he rose to his feet. There was that shaking hand again, trying to reach up to his eyes, but stopping short. Smart man. Find some cloth; find anything dry to soak it up. Grappling and twisting the material of his shirt, muscles bulging as he frantically ripped and tore at his own wife beater. Finding a dry spot and shoving the cloth up against his eyes. Scrubbing it against his face as he continued to curse and yell. 

“Do you feel it burning?” He asked quietly as he leaned gently against the work table and flicked out a knife from his inner pocket. Watching the man angrily whirl around again, one hand keeping the cloth pressed up against the side of his face as another squinting watery red eyes peered out angrily over his curled lip. 

He couldn’t help but grin as pallid lips reeled back further into a snarl full of spit and the man barrelled forward. Shouting angrily, swinging his balled up fist towards him.

’CrUnCH!

The man’s fist collided with the plaster wall behind him, splintering off a section of it. Looking down, he could see the man’s arm right through him. Side stepping out of the way, he materialized as he reached for the man’s collar. Yanking him backwards with the momentum of his own gravity. One foot set down behind him and the man tripped. Crashing back down to the grunt in a flurry of curses. He flicked his wrist down at him, tossing the knife into the loose hem of his briefs. Pinning the cloth to the ground as he brought a finger to his lips. 

Shushing the pained groan of the man, watching him reach up and wrap his hands around the back of his head. Rolling around on the floor, pathetically really.  

“You don’t want to make too much noise now, people will get suspicious and that’s what you’re trying to avoid right?” He asked softly as he strode over and lifted up the lid of the washing machine, wrinkling his nose up at the scent and sight of the murky brown water. Below the liquid’s surface, crumpled old sheets floated; their surfaces stained with faded rust coloured patches. The stench of iron was overwhelming. 

’Pithunk.’ The quiet sound of the knife tugged loose from the floor. He knew the cardboard laid across the wood wouldn’t hold the metal, but it wouldn’t leave any hint of it either. He sighed, turning around as the blade of his own knife went through him and rattled across the edge of the machine behind him. Screeching angrily against the metal lid as it slammed shut. 

“The fuck are you?!” The man growled, swinging the knife around wildly. He wondered if he was blind or just blind with rage. 

Either way, he drifted over to the far back wall as he continued to speak, “Maybe I’m your conscience. After all, you got a lot to feel guilty for don’t you? Got skeletons in your closet?”

He chuckled, turning around and seeing the man standing there in the middle of the room. Still holding his knife, still pressing his cloth against his watering red eye. Heaving and grunting as a sole reddish eye swept across the room, peering through its watery haze. Searching for the source of the voice, someone to attack. He shook his head even though the man couldn’t see. 

“You lied under oath didn’t you?”

“Show yourself!” 

“You lied right to her family too, right?” 

“What the fuck are you!? Bastard! You're one of those supered up freaks!” 

“And you’re planning to lie to them again at the next court date, aren’t you?” He faded into view against the back wall, watching the man’s head snap up, like a predator catching movement. He grinned as he fished out a small powder jar from his inner coat pocket. The predator seemed a bit mislead. 

“You’re scared, that’s why you’re down here right now, trying to dispose of the only piece of evidence they didn’t snatch up, right?” 

He tapped the jar with a gloved finger, shaking up the loose white powder inside. Over the lid, he could see the man’s knuckles turning whiter as they grabbed his knife. He could see the spring coiling in his legs. 

“You shouldn’t be so worried about them. I’ll be your judge, jury and executioner all in one tonight.” 

“You fucking bastard!” The man growled, lunging for him with the knife.
Andries Romano
Andries Romano

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:17 pm
Crash!

The glass jar smashed against the floor, scattering its powdered contents, as he grabbed the man’s wrist. Twisting his arm behind his back as he sidestepped out of the path of the blade. Pinning the man up against the wall with a simple jerk of his hand. Trying to cut him down with his own knife; how vulgar.

“If this was how you were planning to act at your own court date, I’d say I did you a favour now.” He muttered against the man’s ear as he wrenched the knife out from his grasp, giving his wrist an extra twist for good measure. He could’ve easily broken it, but then it wouldn’t be believable, now would it?

His gaze drifted over to the broken glass jar and the dissolving clumps of powder. He grabbed a handful the man’s thinning greasy hair and yanked his head backwards, prompting him to look in the same direction as he kept him tightly pressed up against the plaster wall, “You should be grateful now. After all, I was here to help you with the cleaning up you know? Know what that is? Ammonia powder; great for cleaning up floors, washing machines, so on. Got it right from the corner store, but the cashier warned me whilst I was buying it. She said you shouldn’t mix it with bleach. Do you know it?”

He chuckled, dragging the man away from the wall and giving him a hard shove forward into the puddle. Flicking his knife back into his coat pocket, he explained with a smile, “When you mix bleach and ammonia together, it creates something called chlorine gas. Now, that in itself isn’t so dangerous in small doses, but trapped in a room with it all day with the door locked from the outside and the vents shut off. In a room that no one else is supposed to know about. Well, that’s just fatal isn’t it?”

Taking off his hat, he ran a hand through his hair, smoothing back the locks before he bowed to the bewildered looking man. Keeping up theatrics, “I suppose the police will chalk it up to an accident. Died trying to dispose of the last shred of evidence in his court case. Knocked over the wrong cleaning agents, I doubt that they'd find any need to look further into the death of a murderer. There's some sense in our judicial system after all."

He put his hat back on and smiled at the man as he pointed up an accusing finger towards him. Reddish eyes wide and furious, “You sick piece of shit! You think I’m just going to let you fucking walk out of here?! I’ll bash that door open with your fucking skull if I had to!”

It was impossible not to chuckle as he tilted his head up and stared down at the man as he continued to throw his little tantrum. All a show seeing as how the man was too weary to approach him without a weapon now. He eyed him, still smiling amused. Speaking up when the man stopped to breathe and recover from his rant, "Hm, touche."

He nodded towards him as he faded out of sight once more, lingering longer to watch the stunned look briefly incapacitate the man's features before he darted forward and slammed his fist against the wall he had been leaning against. Shouting for him to show himself; yelling and bashing his fists fists against the wall as his eyes watered and overflowed and the gas behind him slowly started to fill the room in a heady daze.

He watched him just a moment longer, but deigned not to stay at watch a desperate man waste the last moments of his life. The chlorine gas was bad for his health as well.

Darting through the wall and making his way upwards to the streets, he doubted anyone would be checking up on the man for a few days, especially not in his hidden underground basement. The man's own careful preparation leading to his downfall. Some sense of irony in that,  but a bad shock for whoever found his decomposing corpse.

Last edited by Andries Romano on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andries Romano
Andries Romano

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:46 pm
“How did someone like him ever slip past you, D?” 

“The case was tired. The judge was going to go with the defence on lack of evidence. Everyone knew it.”

“What about the past cases you said he was connected to?” 

“Oh yeah, telling the Judge I’ve been stalking this guy for months through illegal surveillance means would go over real well for me in court. He’s not going to be the only one arrested and if I’m out of the job, then you’ll be the one supporting me in old age. Do you really want that burden?” 

He laughed quietly over the speaker phone at his friend’s faithful scathe, glancing out the window. The streets were a blur as a he drove by. Idly, he ran a hand through his hair, still feeling the wetness of the sprayed on dye sticking to his fingers. His fingers coming away a little black. 

“Mm, it’s taken care off now anyway.”

“Are you sure it was a good idea just… leaving him alone and thinking it’s done?”

“He was lucky, D, not smart. Like you said, he got by because he was in the right place at the right time. Eventually his luck was going to run out. And it did, tonight.” 

“Yeah yeah, I’ll just keep a tab on him. I’ll tell you if there’s any follow up, smug jerk.” 

“Heh, don’t say that when you expect me to support you whilst you’re old and jobless. Have to go, I’ll see you next week.” He bid his friend goodbye over the phone as he pulled into the driveway. 

Silently, he crept across the living room after he had had safely packed away his ‘secondary work outfit’ in his own bedroom. Turning the knob of a blue painted door as silently as he could. He peeked into the darkened room, surprised to find the desk light was still on and the sound of shuffling papers breaking the expected silence.

“Luekos, what are you still doing up?”

The boy hunched over the desk startled, turning towards the door in a flurry before he saw who it was. Clad in his pjs, the boy rubbed his eyes and said rather sorrowfully, “I've still got homework.”

“And you’re doing it so late? That’s not like you.”

“Well, it’s because Lillie asked me to help her with her homework earlier and it took me hours just to teach her how to do it properly. Now I’m behind!” The child exclaimed in a hushed voice, so as not to wake his peacefully sleeping troublesome sibling. He couldn’t help but chuckle quietly despite the boy's obvious desperation to complete his work. Patting his son’s head gently, he knelt down to his eye level. Glancing over at the text book and the length of formulas scribbled down so far.

“Well then, how about I wake you up extra early tomorrow to finish it? You’ll still be doing it in the same amount of time, but at least you’ll be rested then.”

“Promise you’ll wake me up? Extra extra early?”

“Pinky promise.” He said, extending his pinky finger, “And you know I never break those. Now, come on, up to bed with you. It’s late and Papa needs to wake up early to wake you up early.”

He picked him up, lifting the boy off the ground and up to the second bunk of his bed. Reaching under the boy’s pillow and giving him a pointed look as he pulled out a reading light, “No more late night reading either Lulu, I mean it this time. Now sleep.”

“Fine…” The boy whined as he was tucked in, wrinkling his nose up as he leaned over him, “Papa, you smell funny.”

Too sharp for his own good. He chuckled,ruffling his hair.  “Little bit of an accident at work today, Lulu. Don’t worry about it, now go to sleep.”

He gave him a quick kiss on his forehead, then leaned down over the lower bunk to make sure his daughter was tucked in properly before he turned off the desk lamp. Plunging the room into darkness, he glanced over at his kids before he decided to silently slip through the solid wooden door. Taking a sniff at his sleeve, he grimaced. Luekos had been right; the scent of bleach still clung to him. Well, at least he wasn’t trapped in a room with it. The thought almost made him chuckle again.
Sponsored content